Monday, April 23, 2007

Stay At Home Mom

So, today, after much deliberation, financial examination, self introspection and family prioritizing, I informed my school that I will not be coming back in the fall.

That's right, I'll be a Stay-At-Home Mom. I need to go shopping for some tapered (and elastic) jeans and some white sneakers. We also should have purchased a minivan instead of the Element.

I'm still a little bit torn over the decision. I had it made at Forbush. I had good classes, a room in the new (fancy) building and enough paper to last me for the next several years. But, I know that I will not regret staying home with the monster. I can always go back and teach. I can't get back the time with the boy. Besides, it's technically only a "One Year Leave". So, as of right now, I'm heading back in a year. :)

So, now the long drawn out countdown until summer (32 school days) just turned into a (seemingly) longer, more drawn out countdown until my next career change -- to a Stay At Home Mom.

The End.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting news! I know the boy will love to have his mommy at home with him!

~stevesgurl~ said...

Not all stay at home mommies wear jeans with tapered legs and white tennis shoes....my tennis shoes are brown!! :)

Kim and Mike said...

We'll miss you at Forbush, but I would do exactly what you're doing! Have fun!

Rachel said...

I don't think you will ever regret all the time with Isaac. I love being at home. And you are more than right, you can always go back to teaching. Especially someone like you that will be in high demand.

You can always be a cool jean, flip flop mommy like I am. Well, I do wear crocs some too. But I will support you if you have your heart set on mom jeans and white sneakers.

sarah said...

Or....

I could be a really cool mom like Britney Spears and wear big clunky shoes and (too) long jeans that make me trip and drop my baby. AND I could drive with the boy in my lap. Maybe then he wouldn't cry so much.

And I would be so cool.

Karis said...

I am a VERY fashionable stay-at-home-mom, thank you very much! You will not regret it. You may greatly dislike your children at times (because you can't get away from them) but the other times make up for it!

Jessie said...

I echo the sentiments of everyone. As you sit at home with your darling little child, (I refuse to call him a monster) you can hone in on your teaching skills. You'll never reget this decision.

Jessie said...

As for the fashion, I think you'll always keep that cool Sarah style. Do they even make tapered jeans any more? If so where can I get me a pair in every color, including khaki.

Unknown said...

My favorite At-Home-Mom fashion accessory is the dried food/spit up that is always on my shirt or sleeve.

Welcome to the club, Sarah. It's more exciting than teaching high school math.

Anonymous said...

Stay at home Rules:
#1 Never leave the house in sweatpants
#2 Never wear little white KEDs unless you are impersonating Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing
#3 Dedicate one day of the week as "Pajama Day". You and Issac stay in your PJs until you bathe in the late afternoon and put on fresh ones for bed.
#4 Do not watch Oprah
#5 If you must drive a minivan, drive with a lead foot so as to maintain your coolness. (safety shmafety!)

Really, you will have a fun year, especially since we will be bothering you for playdates and such!