Wednesday, April 18, 2007

12 weeks

Where does the time go?

Isaac is 12 weeks old today.
It's hard to believe that it's been almost three months since I met the monster.
My body has almost fully returned to it's normal shape. Just a few more pounds to go. Well, actually, I take that back. I don't think the "shape" is the same. Just the size. I'll have to work on getting the shape part sorted out. I have been doing quite a few baby curls, baby presses and baby lunges.

In the last week, he's decided that he doesn't like to be held to go to sleep. As soon as he decides he's tired, he starts whining and crying. I lay him down in his bassinet, pop in a pacifier, pat his back a little, and leave him lying there staring at the side of the bassinet. I turn the monitor on and listen to him. He grunts and groans and coos a little, but before long, I don't hear him anymore. He's been consistently sleeping for a good 6 or 6.5 hour stretch at night and he's been taking 1.5 to 2 hour naps. He's like a different boy. I can't complain. Well, except that I miss holding the sleeping boy. Hopefully, someday, he'll let me hold him again while he sleeps.

Well, I am heading back to bed for another hour or so of sleep. But, I just wanted to talk about the changing world of Sir Isaac T.

No comments: