Saturday, March 24, 2007

New Ride

Ok.
So, when we found out we were going to have a baby, Derek and I knew we'd have to make some vehicular adjustments. Namely, I would not be able to put the baby in the Tacoma. We decided to put our townhouse sale money towards buying Derek's dad's Volvo. It was a good deal, but...

We didn't want to give up the truck, because it's so functional. We both need a vehicle that the boy can be put into, safely. And between the three rides, we don't really have anything that will be sufficient for a road trip with a baby.

So....
Today we traded the Volvo in for a new Honda Element. This will serve as my version of a minivan. The key features are: it's bigger, it can be sprayed out (it's pretty much entirely rubber and plastic), it's blue and it gets good gas mileage.
We'll keep old Charlene (the Tacoma), through the summer and a few planned big jobs, but then she's going to become someone else's trusty old truck. :(

8 comments:

~stevesgurl~ said...

I can't wait to see your new ride! :)

Brad said...

Wooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!! I love my element and I know you'll love yours. It's a sweet ride. Congrats!

Brad said...

Let's see a picture!

Anonymous said...

The Element is officially the new mom van. My minivan is the new official granny-van.

mom

sarah said...

it's not a van.

Brad said...

yeah. I don't drive no van...especially on mom van. ;)

Brad said...

Actually that should read "...NO mom van."

sarah said...

Yours will be the official Dad-Van soon.