Monday, March 12, 2007

Fluid Festival

Very early this morning (around 2:30 am), Isaac T. woke up and put down about 4 ounces of milk in 7 minutes. He immediately went back to sleep.

Then, around 6:00am, he re-awakened.
I began to feed him, when there was a giant blowout in his rear section. I should have seen it coming, as he spent the last few hours in a very turbulent sleep state.
Just as soon as he resumed eating after the rear end blowout, I felt some seepage. I quickly recognized that the poop was now coming out both sides of his diaper, out his pajamas and onto me.
We jumped up for a quick change.

After everything was cleaned up, I picked the boy up, and scooped up all the dirty laundry. As I did, he squirmed a little and I squeezed him tight to me. He let out a loud (what I thought was a) burp. Suddenly, that old familiar seepage feeling hit me again. This time, it was on my left shoulder. The boy threw up quite a bit all over me. (You were wondering why I mentioned the 2:30 4oz 7 minute feeding -- well, this is it).

Anyhow, this was how I started my day. Fun times.

6 comments:

~stevesgurl~ said...

I definitely don't miss those days!! :)

Jessie said...

Welcome to mommyhood!!!! Every mom gets pooped on, thrown up on, and of couse peed on (which isn't such a big deal after the poop thing). At least he waited till morning time and had a good nights rest. I hope you enjoyed you rest.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....I wish I was there to get vomited and pooped on too.

Gramma P

Anonymous said...

What? No pictures?

Unknown said...

This is exactly the reason we started calling Adelynn "squirt".

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... that is what as known as the "double orifice assault". Not to be confused with the "Code Brown" or the "One-Two Combo." I am glad the little man is learning all the tricks in his arsenal... "Wax on wax off" you know. :)