Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Cry-Day


So, the boy cried today.
All day.
While he was getting changed.
While I drove.
While he ate.
So, I figured, I might as well give him a bath, since he was going to cry anyways. He didn't cry for the bath. I don't get it.

He only slept from 1pm until 2:30 and then again from 5:30 until 7:30. That would be 3.5 hours since 6:15 am, when he woke up. Of course, there were a few minutes here and there, but the second I would lie him down, the sleeping would end, and the crying would begin.
There hasn't been a day where I have counted down the minutes until Derek got home like I did today.

Derek's walking with him now. I don't know if we've just already spoiled him, or if he's just a not-so-content baby. He has to be entertained every waking moment of his life. There's no sitting still and holding him. And there's certainly no putting him in a swing or lying him under a mobile and letting him gaze away. He's definitely difficult.

The boy is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life.

5 comments:

~stevesgurl~ said...

He might be difficult, but he sure is sweet. In those tough moments, take a deep breath and think about how cute he is when he smiles at you. Or how sweet it is to hold him while he is sleeping. These rough days will be over soon. You are doing a great job as a mom!! And I don't think that he is spoiled yet!! :)

Anonymous said...

2 words:

Ear Plugs.

sarah said...

Wow. That was helpful.

Unknown said...

Addie would only sleep if we held her as well. She just wouldn't transition to the bed. Then we figured out that she still loved to be swaddled really really snuggly. If you're not already, maybe try swaddling tightly. Will he take a pacifier?

sarah said...

He HATES being swaddled. He grunts and twists and fights until he's free. He likes to sleep all sprawled out. When he sleeps, that is.