Thursday, August 2, 2007

ITL Cribs

Yesterday, I attempted to move the boy from a pack 'n play in our bedroom to his very own crib in his very own room. I had been putting it off and putting it off.

Here is the list of excuses reasons why I put it off until now:
1. I didn't want to do it until he was sleeping through the night.
2. Then, I didn't want to do it during school (because he slept in a pack 'n play during the day at Jena's).
3. When school got out, it was only going to be a couple of weeks until we went to NY for 2.5 weeks where he would again be in a pack 'n play.
4. Jake was here. I wasn't ready to fight that battle with Jake here.
5. I kept procrastinating lowering the crib (so that he can't climb out).

Finally, he's sleeping through the night, school's out, I'm back from NY, Jake is gone, and the crib is lowered. So, we gave it a go yesterday. I had been playing with him in the crib some, so that he wouldn't see the crib as the place where I get dumped and there's nothing to do but cry a little and go to sleep.

The first nap went well. He played a little and then fell asleep.
The second went ok. He cried a little and then fell asleep.
The third was super short and when he woke up he was MAD.
He went to sleep ok in it, but he woke up several times throughout the night.

At 8:30, I went in, picked him up, patted him for about 5 seconds, and put him down and he went back to sleep.
At 12:30, he woke up and cried for a few minutes. Then, he went back to sleep.
At 3:30, he woke up and kicked (I hope. Maybe he was head butting.) the side of the crib for about 20 minutes. I went to check on him and he was asleep. I don't know what was going on. He woke up at 6:20 and was a little cranky. So am I.

Today's 1st nap was only 30 minutes long. He's on nap two already because he was a big fat crab. I'm not giving in this time. I worked hard on that room with swollen and numb fingertips. He's going to sleep in it, and he's going to appreciate it!!

4 comments:

jena said...

You go Mommy. He'll love that room and bed in no time. Can't wait to see y'all when we get back. The kids are loving all the family and specifically the cousin time here in Oregon. It has been tooooo long since we've been home. I had to re-introduce the kids to my uncle today... sad. We are having a great time and look forward to another week and a half when Keith will join us. Kiss the cutie for me!

Jude said...

He'll get used to it, don't worry. We were cleaning the babe's room over here today ourselves. :) See ya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Update? Did you give in yet?

sarah said...

I have not given in yet. This weekend has been particularly rough. I am probably going to give the baby away to the first bidder.