Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekend Project #1

This weekend, I am attempting to move the boy to his crib.
He's finally sleeping consistently in the night and pretty consistently for naps during the day, so I figured, it's time to move from the bedroom.

He's gone from:
1. sleeping whenever and wherever we could possible get him to sleep (mostly in someone's arms or on the couch or on a chest), to...
2. sleeping in the swing and in the baby papasan chair for most of his sleeptime activities, to...
3. sleeping in the bassinet next to the bed for most of the night before getting scooped up into the bed for an hour or so every morning (i can't help it), to...
4. (hopefully) sleeping in the big, vast, wide open (and upstairs) crib.

He's sleeping in there right now. It took a little longer to get him to give into his tiredness, but finally, he laid his little head down and took a long sigh and dozed off. I'm anxiously awaiting the first squeal when he wakes up and realizes he's in no man's land. We'll see...

2 comments:

sarah said...

Although I was once informed by a serious blogger that it was bad blog etiquette to leave the first comment on your own blog, I thought I would give a progress report on WP1 (Weekend Project #1).

The boy took ONE very short nap in his crib. The next attempt did not go over very well at all and now he's sleeping soundly in his bassinet by the bed. I think there may be some teething issues coming into play, and he's been extra grumpy today.

Oh well, there's always next weekend.

~stevesgurl~ said...

It can take a while for them to get used to the crib. With Josiah, I just started putting him in there to start off every nap and left him in there unless he started fussing. Eventually he got used to it and would stay there the entire night. Don't give up...he is doing great!! (And so are you!)

P.S. I am in the nursery tomorrow. I hope to see your sweet boy in there! :)