Thursday, July 12, 2007

AP Scores

My AP scores are in. I'm disappointed.
For those that are unfamiliar with the AP scoring, kids can get a level 1 through 5.
They get a 1 automatically. They need a 3 or higher to get credit at most colleges.
I had:
6 level 5's.
7 level 4's.
7 level 3's.
1 level 2.
and 4 level 1's.
I knew I would have a few failures, but not 5 kids! I feel bad for a couple of them, because they worked their behinds off. I'm sure they're more disappointed than I am.
Well, that's the closure on my teaching year. On to motherhood....

2 comments:

Jude said...

I am sure you did a great job. Yhe kids are dumb... NO Just Kidding!! I think the scores are good, those AP tests are hard!

Anonymous said...

The AP tests never ever (usually...) reflect the quality of the teacher, or of most kids, as far as that goes. Our EOGs are okay at my school, but our teachers are fabulous and our students are too, for the most part...sometimes the wrong folks make the decisions on what kids should know. They should let teachers teach and things would be better. :)