Friday, June 22, 2007

Batavia, NY

We are in Batavia.
We made a last minute decision to split the drive up across two days. We drove the first 7 hours yesterday afternoon and night (it took 9.5 hours). Then we drove the last 3 hours this morning (that took 3.5 hours). He was a good traveller at times and not-so-good at other times. He wanted to sleep, but he has a hard time putting himself to sleep in his car seat. Overall, I would have to say, it was better than I anticipated. Derek concurs.

Now, we're here. Chillin' with the boy's grams, uncle and step-gramps. We're trying to get him adjusted to the different surroundings and figure out the logistics of sleeping, napping, living, etcetera in my parents TINY cottage. I think the best scenario involves moving the pack and play every morning and night.

Isaac and I will be here until July 9th-ish. Derek will be here for most of that, except for a flight back to put in a few days at work. It's about 70 and breezy. It's refreshing. Derek loves it.

2 comments:

~stevesgurl~ said...

Glad to hear that your trip went pretty well. I thought about you a lot yesterday and prayed for you whenever you came to my mind! We miss you and can't wait for you to get home so we can go to the pool. Have fun and enjoy your stay!! :)

Jessie said...

I'm so glad to hear that your trip went well. Enjoy all the help. I'll miss you while your out of state.