Sunday, May 30, 2010

"special delivery"

the other day, while my mom was here, an interesting thing happened...

isaac was upstairs playing by himself. i think anna was asleep (or more likely, my mom was holding/spoiling her). isaac started down the stairs with a small puzzle box in his hand, announcing he had a "special derivery" for me.

he knelt down in the living room and carefully removed the puzzle box top to display the contents of my delivery for my mom and i to behold. there was a little bowl inside with some wooden blocks with numbers on them. i noticed that it looked like there was water in the box, so i asked, "is there water in there?"...

to which isaac replied, "no. it's pee."

and it was.

i thought back to when he was coming down the stairs and he did, in fact, tell me that the box contained "numbers and pee". but, i chalked it up to his nonsense play world that he spends 90% of his waking hours in. unfortunately, this time it was real.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh. that is just too funny. it's a little boy thing.

Jennifer said...

This is hands down the funniest thing I've ever read.